Thursday, August 28, 2014

First Day in Jinan

Today was my first full day in Jinan. Its been hot and humid, and we had a bit of rain. I was surprised and pleased to learn that the apartment, though small, and sparsely furnished, has air conditioning, and my room has a fan.
Yesterday, I changed some money, and had dinner with a group of people from my building, who are also teachers.

I should have taken Chinese before I left home, I am lost without it.
Today I went to get a Chinese sim card for my phone. It took  an hour, and there was lots of paperwork. Same with changing money at the bank yesterday. The guy who picked me up at the airport, and lives upstairs from me helped me out with the the money and the bank card, and helped me at the supermarket today. Bought some basics, towels, and some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment