Friday, August 29, 2014

Shopping and Eating

Went shopping for the first time yesterday. There is a big store down the block that everyone calls "Boy" "Girl" mart because it has a big cartoon boy and girl there. Bought a loaf of bread, some iced tea, yogurt, spoon, coffee cup, fork, bowl and drinking glass. We have bottled water in our apartment. You just plug it in, and you get hot water. The instant coffee already has sweetener and creamer in it. Very convenient.

After two meals of beef ramen, I asked my roommate if he could recommend someplace. He said I could tag along with him and his friend. He pointed out that there was a restaurant next to the Boy Girl mart that had pictures you could point to. Also, there is a street, not too far from the apartment, that is called Food Street. We went there and had grilled tofu, and bread. It doesn't sound like much, but was fairly decent. There were meats and other things available, but I figured the tofu was a safe bet.

I start my training Monday, and it will last 3 days. I am really sorry I didn't take Chinese before I came here. You are really lost without it. I asked one of the people who worked at the school if there was someone who would be interested in tutoring me for a small fee.

At least I have my translator app if I get really stuck.

3 comments: